Thursday, October 31, 2013
Archaeological evidence confirms veracity of the Bible: True Mt Sinai found in northwestern Saudi Arabia, and sites of Sodom and Gomorrah discovered !!
I do not claim to be an expert on Biblical archaeology, but I have found the following information and evidence to be highly compelling and awe-inspiring, and making very convicing cases for genuine discoveries that corroborate the Biblical accounts.
I highly recommend that everyone, and especially Christian believers, look into the evidence on these subjects. Believers have "faith" that what the Bible says is true, even the "miraculous" things that defy the laws of nature. But to see the concrete evidence confirming that what the Bible recorded is 100% accurate and authentic takes it to another level. The Bible is not some "fairytale" that men fabricated. It is a historical document.
Many of these discoveries have been known to the Western world for quite some time, but "curiously" the information has been largely suppressed and ignored by even most "mainstream" Christian churches -- demonstrating (as I have stated many times on this board) that the vast majority of the "mainstream" churches are intentionally deceiving their followers in many areas.
Probable discovery of the true "Mt. Sinai" in northwestern Saudi Arabia
There is ongoing debate among "mainstream" biblical sholars as to the location of Mt. Sinai. The concensus seems to be that the location of Mt. Sinai is yet unknown. Some believe it to be on the Sinai Peninsula, but little archaeological or geographic evidence has been found to support this.
In 1984, American archaeologist Ron Wyatt and his two sons travelled to northwestern Saudi Arabia in search of Mt. Sinai, and visited a moutain named "Jabel al Lawz." The features of this mountain and surrounding geographical and archaeological evidence present a compelling case for it being the Mt. Sinai of the Biblical account.
Among the evidence:
1. The top of the mountain is scorched black, such that the granite has been turned to volcanic glass, as the result of intense heat (account in Exodus says "God descended upon the mountain in fire").
2. A massive split boulder is located near the mountain, with evidence of water erosion beneath (believed to be the "rock at Horeb" which Moses struck and from which water came forth, as recorded in Exodus 17:6).
3. At the base of the mountain are the remains of a possible altar with rock engravings including a menorah (seven-branched lampstand), Egyptian inscriptions, inscriptions of cows and bulls (possible location of where golden calf was placed).
4. At the base of the mountain are the remains of and 12 pillars with Hebrew inscriptions (constructed by the Israelites, one for each tribe of Israel, recorded in Exodus 24:4)
5. Located nearby is an "oasis" with 12 wells and many palm trees (believed to be the site of "Elim" noted in Exodus 15:27, where the Israelites encamped, which is described as having "12 wells and 70 palm trees").
6. Locals in the area have passed down stories through the generations of how Moses lived in the area (ie, the land of "Midian" where Moses lived after fleeing Egypt is located in northwestern Saudi Arabia), and reportedly even refer to the mountain of "Jebel al Lawz" as "Jebel Musa" or "Moses' Mountain".
Along the western shore of the Dead Sea are located what appear to be the remains of several cities, with man-made structures that were turned to ash by intense heat. Also located at the sites are round balls of white/tan-colored brimstone, which have been tested and found to be 98% sulfur by content. This form of sulfur is reportedly only formed at high temperatures, and is markedly different from the bright yellow deposits of sulfur which are most commonly found on earth.
DISCLAIMER: The recent discoveries of Mt. Sinai and Sodom/Gomorrah were made and/or publicized by a man named Ron Wyatt, of whom there is considerable controversy. His claim of finding the Ark of the Covenant is particularly contentious, because it is based mostly on his word and little physical evidence. And his conclusion with regard to the possible site of Noah's Ark in Turkey is highly criticized. I am not vouching for all of Wyatt's claims. With respect, however, to the his findings on Mt. Sinai and Sodom/Gomorrah, in my judgement the evidence speaks for itself.
Shroud of Turin
The Shroud of Turin, if genuine, is one of the most important historical artifacts or records that conclusively proves the reality of the life of the "Jesus" of Nazareth, his death, and even his resurrection.
Archaeologists, medical doctors, scientists, and others have extensively analyzed the Shroud, and there is growing concensus that it is authentic. They cannot find any evidence that it is a forgery, and have determined that it would be far too difficult, if not impossible, to do so. They cannot explain how the image on the shroud was created.
The image on the shroud (which could not have been painted) depicts wounds on the body of a man exactly corresponding to the accounts in the Bible. The image has been found to have been made with actual human blood. The blood stains (image) show no sign of smearing or pulling apart as would be the case if a body were unwrapped while removing it (possible explation: the body "vanished" and the cloth was left behind).
1. Scourge marks on the shoulders, back, and legs of the man of the shroud match the flagrum (roman whip) which has three leather thongs. Wounds one the forehead from the crown of thorns are visible.
2. Recently, a researcher analyzed some visible writing on the shroud and claims to have translated the writing, finding that it effectively was a "death certificate", written in greek, latin, and aramaic -- containing the greek words "(I)esou(s) Nnazarennos", or "Jesus the Nazarene"....from a piece of paper placed on the body containing that writing.
3. The image indicates that coins were placed over the eyes of the corpse, and they have found coin-lettering consistent with the lepton (widow's mite) minted by Pontius Pilate between 29 - 32 AD.
4. Analysis has shows that pollen and floral imprints found in the Shroud only exist in the area around Jerusalem.
5. Chemical analysis of travertine aragonite calcium, found on in the Shroud's fabric, strongly suggests it was once in direct physical contact with one of Jerusalem's limestone caves or tombs.
History Channel: The Real Face of Jesus From The Shroud
Turin Shroud could be genuine as carbon-dating was flawed
"Studies on the radiocarbon sample from the shroud of turin" by Raymond Rogers, Los Alamos National Laboratory
New test dates Shroud of Turin to era of Christ
1. Archaeological evidence proves Israelite presence in Goshen, Egypt....and their "Exodus" or migration to the land of Canaan:
2. Noah's Ark possibly located in mountains of Ararat, Turkey:
Video below (5 parts)
Unsolved Mysteries program on Ron Wyatt's investigation into Noah's Ark in Ararat Mountains, Turkey:
3. Interview with Ron Wyatt's sons: